Vegetarian Eating Group
The Macedon Ranges Vegetarian Eating Group (MRVEG) was commenced in September 2011. It is open to anyone interested in the experience of preparing and eating vegetarian food and all the social, health, environmental, and culinary issues raised by this. You do not have to be a vegetarian to participate, just interested in vegetarian food. Our activities include:
- eating vegetarian meals together every 2 to 3 months
- A Vegetarian Food Forum is organised each year at the Woodend Neighbourhood Centre
- catering vegetarian food for the Macedon Ranges Sustainable Living Festival, Ride4Renewables and now the Woodend Community Farmers Market
- offering catering for functions
The MRVEG food tent is at the Woodend Community Farmer’s Market most Saturdays from 9am – 1pm with sensational vegetarian food made by Patrick, Ruth, Heather and others, vegan and gluten free options are available. Come and chat to us about our group and any queries about vegetarian cooking.
MRVEG events are for all MRSG members, friends and families who are keen to experience non-meat alternatives and have a great time! If you want to be a part of these activities or would like the newsletter call Ruth or Patrick on 54271604 or 0425 785 392 or email at mrveg(at)mrsgonline.com.au.
Recipes from the Vegetarian Forum – many people asked for recipes to help them along their vegetarian path. Here are a few.
- Herb Green rice and peas
- Lentil rolls
- Chickpea stew
- Home made baked beans
- Cheddar and Jalapeno Chili Biscuits
- Chocolate Bean Cake Sugarless AA
- Fantastic Lentil and Vegetable Soup_Ruth
- lentil spinach Soup
- Tips for Vegan or Vegetarian Eating
- Zucchini Pasta Bake
- Vege Rich Risotto