Trentham Sustainability Group
“to inspire, inform and support our local community
to meet their needs without compromising the needs of future generations”
TSG is an enthusiastic group of people working together to raise awareness, swap ideas and help build local resilience as we deal with the impacts of climate change and peak oil.
Membership is open to everyone with an interest in sustainable living. Meetings and other activities are held regularly but dates vary – check the Trentham Trumpet or with contacts below – we’d love to see you!
What do we do?
- Encourage growing local food. Trentham Food Hub has grown from our “Future Food & Farming – Keeping it Local” project and gaining momentum following several successful community events. www.trenthamfoodhub.org
- Host a Produce Exchange/Local Food Swap at Trentham Farmers Market on 3rd Saturday of each month in Trentham Town Square.
- Promote recycling and work towards becoming a plastic-bag-free town through the use of TSG’s orange string bags – available at Trentham IGA, Trentham Bakery, Trentham Hardware and Trentham Newsagent.
- Host Sustainable House Tours focusing on energy efficiency and sustainable living. Check our informative brochure for buying land, building or retrofitting older houses – available from Real Estate Agents in Trentham, Kyneton and Woodend or via TSG webpage.
- Research local renewable energy through Trentham Community Energy Group. Conduct home energy assessments and host community energy forums.
- Host Guest Speakers, Community Conversations and Film Nights to learn from each other and be inspired.
- Investigate waste management, green jobs and more.
Glenda Holmes – 5424-1727
Charles Sherlock – 0423-020-699
Living Locally, Living Sustainably, Living Well